Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Week 30

Ciao Famiglia!

This week has been a roller coaster.  Full of ups and downs.  Mostly ups which is good.  The work is going really really good.  We had two people that we are working with decide to be baptized!! We are so excited for J & M both for this month the 18th and the 25th.  However the day after we set a date with M he texted us and said that he doesn't feel ready 🙁  It was really strange because he seemed soooo strong and so sure when we committed him.  Maybe he read something or something happened that made him doubt.  He said, however, that he just needed some time to think about it because it is a really important decision that he takes seriously.  He always follows what he thinks is right and I have faith that he will search with real intent and find that he does in fact have the desire to be baptized.  We will see.  

We also have plans soon to invite a couple other people to be baptized.  The problem with some of them is that they "can't"  come to church.  We are hoping that with the goal and desire to baptized will come also the motivation to come to church and progress.  

One thing that I have noticed is that this work is absolutely exhausting.  Worrying about all these people, trying to show them the way, loving them.  It really takes it out of you.  I go to bed every night so tired that I fall asleep almost as fast as Evan does haha.  But seriously this work is the hardest thing mentally that I have ever done.  Its pretty stressful and I'm starting to loose hair like Daddio.  But I'm not yet slowing down like him.  I am still running pretty regularly.  

Today we played basketball with a kid in our ward and his Dad.  At first we played Italy verses US and Anziano Larsen and I absolutely trashed them.  We felt bad so we changed up the teams.  It was so fun though.  I might have gotten a bit burnt.  I guess that's 20× more likely to get skin cancer.  Oh well 😋.  I'll just make it better by connecting the cerebral cortex tube in my brain to the tibia and fibia veins making it so that I am immune.  Bet Dad doesn't know about that one.  It's pretty experimental.  

Let me know how things are going in the US!  Is the economy still kickin'?

I love you guys a lot and a lot.  Ciao!

Pics:
1 me beating a kid in our ward at chess
2 Larsen and I
3 me looking out into the distance
4 me looking into the camera
4 a Brazilian family in my ward made me a cake for my birthday.  They actually are from Sao Paulo and know Nathan.  










No comments:

Post a Comment